Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Raising Peacocks

I'm not going to lie - raising chickens is my main hobby when it comes to raising poultry. However, like many backyard hobbyists, I've wondered what it would be like to raise peafowl. Peafowl are a little more complicated to raise compared to other bird species, simply because there is not as many informational resources and supplies out there for this type of poultry. You can't just go to the store and by peacock feed like you could for chickens. However, raising peafowl has its own group of enthusiasts and they can definitely make an exciting and very beautiful addition to your poultry yard! Oh, and did you know they are related to pheasants?

3 comments:

Chicken! said...

I dated a guy who lived in a neighborhood where Peacocks just roamed around in their backyards. It's like a neighborhood was raising them!

Anonymous said...

http://roostershamblin.wordpress.com/ please read my chicken blog

AML said...

I don't know if peacocks can also be raised on snowy place like ours but your idea is wonderful. Some people thinks there is no good in peacock even I myself.